Sunday, July 14, 2013

More Tears.

My rockin' Sis.
So I hate the Honolulu Airport. The majority of time I spend there is saying goodbye to people I love. First Paul, Ron and Angie, and today it was Andie.

Her last full day was yesterday, and we made the most of it. We had a late morning, drinking coffee and watching TV that Donnie disapproves of. ;) Then after our workouts, we headed to the pool for some sunshine and pool side relaxing. It was heaven. After that, we headed to a restaurant down the street called Monkey Pod, it was delicious, but ended on a low note. So we ended the evening with an upbeat movie, The Heat, which Andie and I laughed with.

Today we had coffee again, watched a movie and sat together. We both knew that the time was nearing that we would have to say goodbye, but neither of us would face it. And I know it's not goodbye, because I plan on seeing her again very soon, but it still hurts like a goodbye.

I don't know how many tears I've cried in the past few days, but a lot were shed today. Andie is an amazing person, I'm not sure she know how truly precious she is to me. I know that I will be miles away from her, but she is never far from my mind or heart. I love her dearly. No matter how far apart we are, she will always be close to me. She inspires me and I know she'll be successful with everything she faces. I can't wait until the next time we are together. Until then, we'll stay close through email, google chat, and phone conversations. I know she's always going to be there for me, just like I am for her.

A walk by the beach.
To distract ourselves from all of the heartache, Donnie and I went for a walk along the beach in Honolulu. We made it all the way down to Waikiki, which was fun to see, but I was exhausted from being so sad. So we walked back up to the car, grabbed some food and headed home.

Honolulu.
Tomorrow we relocate again, for the last time this trip. We are headed to Kauai. I'm excited to visit this island, but right now all I feel is pain. I miss Andie and Paul, but I know it will be ok. At least that's what I tell myself. Only a few more weeks, and we're off!



No comments:

Post a Comment