Sunday, May 12, 2013

Summer-ache

I have summer-ache. It makes me long for endless summer days, for cold treats and sweaty afternoons, for poolside relaxation and sleeping in. I can't stand it. It's compounded by the school year winding down and a trip to the beach.

 We are currently residing in South Padre Island, celebrating Mother's Day and enjoying the last trip to the Texas coast. It won't be my last trip, I'll be back next weekend with some girls from work, but as a family, this is it. I'm amazed at how much Paul loves water. He spent an hour running in the waves yesterday, and then went swimming in the pool. He is so independent now. He swims around the toddler pool in his life jacket all by himself. It's fun to watch. :)

In the meantime, we've been taking our online QSI courses to learn about the values of the organization we'll be working for. In just the little I've been exposed to it seems like my values as a teacher line up exactly with theirs as a school. I so look forward to working for a place that values learning above test scores. It renews my passion for teaching?

I'm starting to look forward, and I see too many goodbyes to stand it. I think I'll continue to live in denial for a while longer, but I know what looms.  It's bittersweet, waiting for summer, but knowing that with it comes a bigger, longer break from people I love.


1 comment:

  1. I might advise that as you look forward you see "until we meet again"s instead of good-byes...and my mommy-heart tells me to remind you to try not to get lost in the losses, but to HOLD ON to the joy of the here and now, and to the anticipation of the wondrous experiences that the future holds for you!

    Good friendships are forever,my dearest, wherever life journeys take us.

    I am so proud that you have chosen to live life to its fullest, and in doing so, have embraced the growth (and sometimes pain) that this challenge brings. We who love you are with you always, in spirit, if not in the flesh. You are never alone. Never the thought, if even fleeting, of any goodbyes.

    Life changes, but love endures. Truly.

    I wish you peace and comfort during such a tumultous time...
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete