Thursday, May 9, 2013

In 3 Months...

So there are less than 3 months until we go. I was trying to write yesterday, but there was no time. Three months from today we will be arriving in Hong Kong, and getting ready to start a new life. This week has been crazy! Monday was busy, and Tuesday I went with my friend Stacy to buy Paul's baptism clothes. He's gonna look good!

Wednesday was the Teacher of the Year banquet. Donnie and I went and we were seated at the very front with all the semi-finalists. That's when I realized how well connected my principal really is. ;) It was kind of boring, but nice to be recognized. We got a goodie bag full of things that proclaimed TEACHER OF THE YEAR! I'll take a few of the nice things with me to Shekou, but mostly just try to use them in these last days of school. Today my principal brought me in to my summative evaluation and reiterated that he was super bummed to lose me, and that if we ever chose to come back, to find him. It was really nice to hear.

Then tonight we met with the IT guy in Shekou. He was really nice and totally welcoming. I can't wait to get there and see what it's like. We have all kinds of orientations and we are getting email from the school. It makes me so anxious to make our transition!!

It's hard to look forward and know that this move is so close. People ask me if my mind is just on that, and if I've checked out of daily life, but I haven't. In fact, I don't think I've ever lived so much in the present. I can usually look ahead, but recently, I've only been able to live day to day. I will be glad when my work is over, and I can actually look forward to what's to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment