Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Just a few life events.

Jane and I...gonna miss her!
So the days again have slipped through my fingers. I've been meaning to post for a while, but I've been out of town every weekend since we moved in with Donnie's parents. It's a crazy ride, but I'm having fun.

Super fun weekend!
To back track a little, we came home from the Mother's Day trip to the coast, and I turned around and went back with some girls from work the next weekend. It caused a bit of drama at work, but once we got there, we had a blast. It's always refreshing to be around a strong group of women who love to have fun. :) We did lots of chatting, laying out and of course karaoke. Unfortunately, I had to rush home on Sunday morning for a big family event. That was not drama-less either, we almost got trapped on the island and it took us an extra two hours to get home, but be finally made it!

Woke up happy!
Happy Baptism Day, Paul!
The special family event was Paul's baptism! Paul was in a bad mood when we arrived at church that day, but after a short drive around the parking lot, he dozed off and slept most of mass. He woke up in a lovely mood, and was so enthusiastic during the ceremony of his baptism. :) His godparents are great, they are going to be great leaders for Paul, and we are so lucky to have them. The day ended with a Spurs game, Rudy's BBQ and good company. It was a very special event.




I heart you, Duncan.
The Spurs are in the playoffs, so we couldn't resist one last chance to see them play. So Tuesday night, Donnie bought us lower level tickets to a game against the Grizzlies. It was a close game and so incredible! I will seriously miss the Spurs; they are so much a part of our lives and it's going to be weird not seeing Parker, Ginobli and Duncan on a regular basis. I'm sure it won't be my very last Spurs game, but it will be for a very long time.

Good ol' Corona
That week was another short one at work for me, we had to leave again on Wednesday for Phoenix for some more special family events. This time it was graduations of my little brother and sister. My sister graduated Thursday night from my old high school. My uncle and aunt from Colorado came, and Andie flew down from Seattle, so it was another night of good company. It was weird standing on the field after graduation, watching all the seniors hug and seeing their faces so full of hope. It didn't seem that long ago that I was in that exact spot. In fact, it was a little surreal to see it replay in front of me. Different faces, but the energy was the same. I was glad I could be there.

The next night was my brother Nathan's ceremony, which was very different, but still the same excited feeling. Oh, to be 18 again and looking to the future, so open, so many opportunities, so many mistakes and lessons learned ahead, but an equal number of incredible life experiences.

Chillin' with DeeDee
Most of my time in Phoenix was spent in the pool or in the company with Andie. She, as stated before, has a calming quality that cannot be compared. We had a blast hanging with Paul by the pool, chatting and attending graduation events. She is a rock in a very topsy-turvy world. Thank you, Andie.

My mom has an amazing new house, which Paul had fun exploring, and I loved! We got to stay in a little casita next to the pool, and it was such a long trip that it was neat to have our own little space. :)

Paul has this relaxation thing down.

We spent Memorial Day traveling back to San Antonio and trying to get ready for another week.

So here we are. Just 6 days left with students and 7 days left at my current school. I can't believe it's ending so fast, but at the same time, I can't wait for it to be over. I'm living in a torn reality. I cannot fathom not seeing my work friends on a daily basis, but I cannot wait to be done with this difficult school year.

I can only say that there are so many faces that I will miss terribly, and to imagine leaving seems impossible. At the same moment, I am so anxious to start the next chapter. I'm so ready for a new place and new challenge, so ready for a change. In talking with people in the area where we are going, I am starting to form a more solid vision of what is to come. But it is still so unknown, I am so curious what will happen.

I still marvel at what has happened in so little time. One can only imagine what is to come. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment