Saturday, March 30, 2013

Too busy to think...

Since we've been back from Seattle, it's been a whirlwind of fun events, but also stress, as we get prepare to move. Since our house has sold, we have mostly been in denial about all the work to get done. Luckily, we have most of our documents gathered to send to our school in Shekou. We are just waiting for some paperwork from them, and to get our physicals,then we can send it off. Our contracts were received by QSI in Slovenia, so we were able to make contact with the travel agent. She booked our one-way ticket to Hong Kong for August 8, 2013. Crazy to have the actual date we are leaving, and even crazier how fast it all happened. Excitement still overwhelms me when I stop to think about it.

Even with all of that going on, our focus has mostly been domestically. Donnie has been working hard to make sure our other house is ready for an appraisal, and we've finally started organizing our stuff to sell. The family that is buying our house came over and finalized a sale of furniture. It's nice to know what we don't have to pack. They even brought their friends over who bought mostly all of our kitchen supplies. There is still a stunning amount of work to do. We sold the workout room, so it has become our staging room for things we are selling. I went through my closet today and cleared out two-thirds of it. We are also working on selling the living room furniture. I feel a little sad to let all my belongings go, but I really try to focus on why we are doing this.

We will get it all done, it will all be finished before our April 15th closing date, but right now it feels impossible. I know things will settle back down after we move in with Donnie's parents, but it's hard to make two transitions. On top of all this, it's testing season at school, so work is super stressful. It is so refreshing to know that I won't have to deal with all the public school nonsense next year. Although, I will miss the people I work with.

Oh, Rob Thomas...
Been a fan of MB20 since I was 14.
We did sneak some fun in. We attended two concerts in the course of a week, The Shins, and Matchbox Twenty. The Shins rocked as usual, but it made my heart happy to see MB20. Something about them seriously energizes me. Too bad it let to lack of sleep and a really hard work day the next day, but it was totally worth it. :)


Awesome venue.



We will just keep going, day by day. It's like having senoritis, where the hours go slowly, but the days fly by. I just can't wait for Hawaii. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment