It's been a while since I've updated, not because I haven't wanted to, but because life has gotten so busy! Let me back track a bit and catch up with where I left off.
Donnie did go to Houston to get the Chinese authentication. It took the whole day, but it was worth it because now we have it in hand. We also received our police clearance letters in the mail, as well as completed our errand about our certification.
 |
| Matt and Gunther |
All that forward progress happened right before spring break. For spring break we left it all behind and headed to Seattle for my birthday and our anniversary week. I won't recap all the details, but it included an epic night out for both me and Donnie (separately), an awesome birthday party, our first MLS soccer game, a side trip to Vancouver and all the Seattle sights you could imagine...okay, I will go into some detail, otherwise I'll forget. ;)
 |
| At the aquarium! |
Donnie and Paul went to Seattle two days before me, so when I arrived Friday night we had some quick drinks and Mallory's bar and some pizza and headed back for some sleep. The next day was spent on an airport run and checking into the hotel. Donnie headed out with Matt for his day off, and the girls (me, Andie, Mal and V) and Paul had a slumber party in the hotel. It was so refreshing to be with my old friends again. I love that way can pick up wherever we leave off and the love is unconditional. Sunday was mellow and we ended up at Andie's for cooking dinner and puzzle making. :)
 |
| Starfish! |
My birthday (29th) was one for the books. I went to the aquarium with the girls (same group) and Paul, which was super cool and interactive. Then Donnie, Paul, V, Andie and I went to the yummiest Italian restaurant, where Paul behaved awfully, but the food was fantastic. Then Donnie took Paul and I had the most amazing night out with my friends and family. I only cried once :).
I was mostly out of commission on Tuesday, but we managed a trip to the Space Needle. It was too windy to enjoy it very much, but it brought back memories of going with my siblings and grandparents. After a quiet day, we were ready to journey to Vancouver.
 |
| On top of the Space Needle! |
Our trip to Vancouver can only be classified as a bust. V came with us and we drove out Wednesday Morning. It rained the entire time, so we were limited because we were not equipped to deal with the rain. We made one attempt, and it ended up with us cold, wet and frustrated. And poor Paul spent most of the time cooped up in the hotel room.
Finally, on Friday we headed back to Seattle to meet the crew at the infamous Buckley's, had lunch and then parted ways for laundry or shopping. That evening we all came together for a party Mallory had organized for our birthdays. It was so much fun, but we all had to rotate watching Paul since no babysitter could be found. My roommate from Germany came and it was great to catch up with her. It's cool to be able to reconnect with people from different periods of our lives. Overall, it was a fantastic time.
 |
| Steph and I reliving our childhood with Paul. |
 |
| Fun times with the crew |
On Saturday, Donnie, Paul and I met my cousin Steph at the Pacific Science Center to explore. Steph and I had memories of doing the same with our siblings when we were young. Our grandmother used to take us when we would visit her in the summertime. It was surreal to see Paul playing and discovering like we used to.
 |
| First MLS! |
 |
| Soccer with Uncle Matt |
That afternoon, we all convened downtown for a MLS Sounders game. Matt has season tickets, but he graciously gave them up and sat with us. :) It was our first game, and Paul actually loved it! He joined in with all the cheers and hopped from lap to lap with all of us. We ended the evening at Andie's with some Chinese food and lots of laughter.
Sunday was our 6th anniversary, and V and Kyle's last day. So the whole crew met up for brunch in another yummy eatery downtown. We took over a corner of the restaurant and the morning was full of stories and pictures and even more laughter. We bid goodbye to V and Kyle at the airport, and headed back downtown for a harbor cruise.
 |
| All the amazing people in my life |
It was viciously cold, so we mostly just watched from inside. But it was a nice way to spend the afternoon with my two loves. Fun to look forward to our next anniversary and how much will be happen between now and then.
After the ride, we went over to Mal's for some yummy homemade shepard's pie. Following dinner we headed out to celebrate our anniversary at a huge beer hall called Von Trapp's. Andie graciously babysat for Paul and Matt joined us, which made it super fun. His friends ended up joining us and we all laughed and cried and had a really great night.
 |
| Last day in Seattle |
 |
| My lucky charms. |
Monday I packed up and headed home, and Donnie followed with Paul the next day. It was so busy, but so wonderful to spend the time with loved ones. It amazes me that my friends and family are so loving and are so supportive of us. I respect each and everyone of them so much, they have made me who I am today. Without their love and support, I know I wouldn't be strong enough for this upcoming change. It's so scary to think I am going to be so physically far from them, but they will never be far from my heart.
 |
My partners in crime for life. :)
|
PS. If this post is a little disjointed, it took me the whole weekend to put it together. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment