| Havin' fun in the backseat! |
We left San Antonio on Friday afternoon, and it was a long, but relatively easy drive to El Paso. I watched West Texas pass by in the window, and although I was sad to be leaving, I was glad this was the last time I would have to make this drive in a while. We spent the night in El Paso, and were back on the road early for Phoenix.
![]() |
| Pretty good traveller. |
![]() |
| Happy to be in Kona! |
| Kona! On our way to the condo. |
From Sky Harbor, we flew to Salt Lake City, and then we were on the flight to Honolulu. It was a 6.5 hour flight, a good test run for the long flight that is coming in August, and Paul did pretty well. He threw his share of fits, but eventually fell asleep for a good 2.5 hours of the flight. I just know it's going to be super hard to keep him entertained for 15 hours on an airplane, and I know now that I will need a lot more sleep to deal with that stress.
In Honolulu, we had to catch a small airplane to Kona, which I was sure we were going to miss. We only had an hour and a half to get our bags, shuttle to the other terminal, check in, make it through security and then board the plane. It took us 30 min to get our bags and get on the shuttle! When we got to the other terminal, I realized I had nothing to worry about. Everybody was moving at their own pace, and there was no threat of us even missing the plane (so Andie, it'll be super easy for you!).
![]() |
| Two minutes from our condo |
After the short flight over, we got our rental car and drove to the condo. Kona is an interesting place, beautiful, but in a different kind of way. The beaches we've seen are small and beautiful, but surrounded by jagged volcanic rock.
Our condo is super nice!! It is such a huge place compared to our tiny apartment in Munich, but the downside is that there is no air conditioning. This has taken a couple days to get used to, but mostly with fans, we're fine. The weather is humid, but refreshing.
All of us were so exhausted from the travel and the time change, that Donnie prepped a delicious salad for dinner and we went to bed pretty early.
Paul was up early on Monday, and so were all of us, so Donnie and I headed out for a run. We'll have to carve out a better run though, because we ended up beside a highway and I'd rather find a more tranquil place to run than that. But with the beach below you and the volcano looming in distance, it's hard not to enjoy it everywhere.
We spent yesterday doing our shopping, prepping for our stay here. It is expensive here! I guess we'll have to get used to it though, because I'm pretty sure that is how China will be. After stocking up on all our supplies, we hung out eating fresh tuna on the patio. That is one thing that is relatively low priced. I look forward to lots of fresh meals and fresh fish.
I did make it down to the beach by our condo for some pictures, it is beautiful, but the waves are too rough for playing in them. They do look perfect for surfing, so we'll see. :) We are off to a different beach today, one that is sheltered for families, so hopefully it will be good for Paul.
Here is my warning: I will be posting tons of pictures of beaches. So I apologize in advance if that gets old or boring. ;)
All of us were so exhausted from the travel and the time change, that Donnie prepped a delicious salad for dinner and we went to bed pretty early.
![]() |
| Beach spray |
We spent yesterday doing our shopping, prepping for our stay here. It is expensive here! I guess we'll have to get used to it though, because I'm pretty sure that is how China will be. After stocking up on all our supplies, we hung out eating fresh tuna on the patio. That is one thing that is relatively low priced. I look forward to lots of fresh meals and fresh fish.
I did make it down to the beach by our condo for some pictures, it is beautiful, but the waves are too rough for playing in them. They do look perfect for surfing, so we'll see. :) We are off to a different beach today, one that is sheltered for families, so hopefully it will be good for Paul.
Here is my warning: I will be posting tons of pictures of beaches. So I apologize in advance if that gets old or boring. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment