Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Stuff

So it's been another crazy emotional week, and it's only Wednesday. It's weird how I can block things out of my mind, and suddenly they are right in front of me. For example, we are moving out this weekend, and somehow I thought I was ready. We sold everything, so how are there still piles of things everywhere? We cleaned out and closed up the front room, and we will do the same for the other guest room tomorrow. I can't help but reflect on all the amazing times we've had as a family in this house.

It is the house that Donnie prepared for us to move into when we were first married. It is where we hosted innumerable pool parties, birthday parties and the unforgettable Dontoberfest. It is the house we grew into with a dog and baby. It is where friends and family have stayed, laughed and shared memories with. It has held the first Christmas for Paul, his one and only bedroom, and all that Paul knows as home.

So I know it's just stuff. That we all will have, then get rid of so much stuff in our lifetimes, but I just want to remember the meaning of it all before I let it go. Hold things one last time before I never see it again. The memories will last forever, I know this, but downsizing my belongings has been harder than I imagined. This too shall pass, and I look forward to next week when this transition is over. :)

1 comment:

  1. Such wise and heartfelt words.You are so smart to cherish what is important, the experiences, and let the things go.I couldn't be more proud, even in your moments of suffering, to call you daughter. Above is a beautiful tribute to this chapter of your life as it comes to a close.I wish you many
    Joy filled,and exciting new chapters to write on your journey!

    ReplyDelete