Sunday, February 10, 2013

A little bit obsessed.

Texas Living Room
Sample Shenzhen Living Room 
So since I have been sick for most of the weekend, I've spent a good deal of time daydreaming about our new lives in Shenzhen. I have even gone so far as search out apartments. There is a website that I've been lurking on called www.shenzhenrent.com. It's addicting. Now, the school we signed with will be locating and providing housing for us, so this is really a pointless search. It is just a strange thing of mine to focus on. If I can see things, they usually happen, so I am envisioning all that I can. I look at the worst apartments, and the best apartments. They are small, but most of them are pretty nice, and

most of them at least have some sort of big windows that look over something nice (like the ocean or a park or a view of other buildings). They all have tiny kitchens, which is really no matter to me, since I do very little cooking. ;) I just wish I knew what our place would be! I walk around our house and look at all our belongings, and I want to sell them all immediately. It's like the opposite of nesting. It's like virtual nesting in a place I've never seen. There is very little we can move on in acquiring our visas until my passport returns from being renewed, so this is where I channel all of my excitement about moving. I think Donnie is tired of looking at "possible" places, when in reality, we will probably have no say in what we'll get.


The other piece of my obsession is wanting to sell everything immediately. I really want to start clearing out furniture and things around the house. It has only been a week since we have settled where we will be in the coming fall, but I want to get started already! :) Oh well, I'm sure we'll have plenty to do soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment